WLAC Members care deeply about the quality of the waters of Walloon Lake and the quality of life around it. A sand-bottom, spring-fed lake that’s a gem of the up north landscape, Walloon extends into two counties and five townships.
More than 900 residents occupy the shoreline, over 75% of whom are members and supporters of the WLAC. This rate of participation is among the highest in lake associations in the state of Michigan, and attests to the dedication of our members to protect the beauty and quality of this lake.
Please join us as we work to preserve, protect, and defend the beautiful Walloon Lake and the wonderful memories we have around it.
Membership is only $95 annually.
By becoming a member, your dues are helping protect the pristine beauty of Walloon Lake by providing:
- Diligent monitoring of water quality in various points along the lake with expert guidance from Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council.
- Research conducted by biologists to attempt to eradicate Swimmer’s Itch.
- Identification and treatment of aquatic invasive species, particularly Eurasian watermilfoil which can quickly spread and overtake a lake to the point that navigation by boat becomes impossible.
- Advice and guidance on topics that relate to water quality—for example proper planting and care of lakefront vegetation and education about the importance of having a sound septic system.
- A close relationship with various governmental authorities—for example township trustees and the local sheriffs.
- Monitoring of development along the lake to ensure compliance with codes and regulations and notification of proper authorities to maintain the environmental quality of the lake.
- Increased property values as studies have shown that that property owners (similar to our ownership on Walloon) with a vigorous and active association have property values that are 20% higher than comparable properties without an active association.
By becoming a member, you will receive the following exclusive benefits:
- Annual Directory – listing all members and their contact information.
- Wallooner Newsletter – published three times per year.
As a Member of the Walloon Lake Association and Conservancy, an annual benefit is being invited to and voting in the Board of Trustees election at our Annual Meeting. This year’s meeting will take place virtually on August 5th at 3pm. Below are last year’s Meeting Minutes:
If you would like to submit any questions, please complete this form.