This property was owned and loved by the Crain family for two generations. This preserve supports second-growth hardwood forest, great bird habitat, stretches of South Arm Creek and cedar and tamarack wetlands.
LocationClute Road, Melrose Township, Charlevoix County
- Marked trails
- Young maple and beech trees; large hemlock and cedar near wetlands
- Hilly and uneven terrain – moderately difficult
- Views of South Arm Creek (Fineout Creek)
- Cedar and tamarack wetlands
- Hunting during some open seasons
- X-Country & Snowshoeing
Directions / Parking
Entrance driveway is adjacent to 00301 East Clute Road, Boyne City where East Clute Rd becomes West Clute Rd. Follow the “Preserve Parking” sign .