Walloon Lake Trust and Conservancy
The Walloon Lake Trust and Conservancy’s mission is - to preserve and protect the quality of Walloon Lake and its watershed, to acquire qualified real property interests and to hold them for conservation purposes, to seek charitable contributions and manage and invest the Trust's financial assets, and to assist the Walloon Lake Association and other environmental organizations who share common goals.
As of December, 2011, 1,916 acres in the Walloon Lake watershed are protected.
Preserve, Protect and Defend!
The Walloon Lake Trust and Conservancy preserves and protects the quality of Walloon Lake and its watershed with the following activities:
- Research and evaluate potential lands to protect:
- Scenic vistas
- Ecologically significant habitats
- Acquire qualified real property interests
- Protect private lands with Conservation Easements
- Develop and implement Preserve Management Plans
- Monitor Preserves and Conservation Easements
- Organize stewardship volunteers for workdays
- Manage our investment portfolio
- Corpus value preservation
- Long term growth
- Interest income
- Seek charitable contributions to support our activities
- Educate our Members on planned giving
- Fund environmental programs to serve our mission
The Walloon Lake Trust and Conservancy is funded by your tax deductible contributions to the Guardian Fund and the Walloon Lake Association is funded by your membership dues. Both organizations rely on your support to keep Walloon Lake a beautiful jewel for generations to come. Please feel free to contact us on how you can help support our missions. Thank you!